Thursday, July 28, 2005

A Scout is...Cheerful...Brave*

Despite setbacks, Boy Scouts cheerful

About 300 people, including a 15-year-old Cutchogue scout, were hospitalized Wednesday for heat-related illnesses after waiting hours while the 30,000 scouts in attendance passed through security lines to see Bush, whose speech at the 2005 National Scout Jamboree in Virginia was eventually canceled due to thunderstorms.
Bush's spokesman said Thursday that the president's visit would instead happen Sunday, at the Scouts' request.

For Full Story Click here

Comments: The Jamboree will go on. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

The Blogging Boy Scout,
Travis

*Title taken from the Scout Law, which reads:

A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought that I would deliver my sympathies regarding your Scout brethern. While I don't agree with you politically or religiously, I wish you and them all the best and a speedy recover for those who took ill.

Adam D. Hebert
Proud Illinois Liberal
Proud Human Being

Travis said...

Thank you sir for your condolences. I am glad you visited. As you read my writings, I hope you can see what I believe and why. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. (I may not know the answer, but feel free to ask) :-)

The Blogging Boy Scout,
Travis