Monday, October 17, 2005

Hey Guys!

Today, from the look of it is going to be a busy day. My sister and I have a science lab in town this morning and no telling what after that. However, I should like to supply you with some links for your viewing pleasure.

Square Talk Radio has launched an new episode just about blogging!
With two guests on the air, a special announcement, and a visit from Jake you won't want to miss this new show!

I have been playing around with the Knights of Valor site and have added two cool pictures to the site. Please stop by and have a look, I think you will like them!

Also, SecDef offered his thoughts about Harriet Miers. He has a very well taken point. I am impressed by his arguments. This has caused me to rethink my stance on Miers. I will have to give it some thought.

That's all for now!
Have a good day all!
Travis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey travis its your good friend taylor and i got my blog up and running. you need to check it out. got to http;//reliablepolitics.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was going over here to ask you to read my comments on Miers, but I saw you had already posted it! Thanks! :D That could be the topic of the next politics debate thingy (like you did with Iraq). BTW, even my college paper is calling Miers unqualified!

Anonymous said...

I hope the Miers nomination gets rejected. It has already gotten off to a rocky start, especially since the Senate Judiciary committee rejected her 57-page questionnaire that she submitted, calling it "insulting," etc.

And note this (from a Washington Post article, via Michelle Malkin):

-------

Meanwhile, several constitutional law scholars said they were surprised and puzzled by Miers's response to the committee's request for information on cases she has handled dealing with constitutional issues. In describing one matter on the Dallas City Council, Miers referred to "the proportional representation requirement of the Equal Protection Clause" as it relates to the Voting Rights Act.

"There is no proportional representation requirement in the Equal Protection Clause," said Cass R. Sunstein, a constitutional law professor at the University of Chicago. He and several other scholars said it appeared that Miers was confusing proportional representation -- which typically deals with ethnic groups having members on elected bodies -- with the one-man, one-vote Supreme Court ruling that requires, for example, legislative districts to have equal populations.

--------

This is what happens when you nominate your friends to the court over people who are actually qualified. Miers could possibly be pro-life, but that is irrelevant at this point. She is not qualified.