Friday, August 26, 2005

My new book bag!

Hey guys! We went to the library yesterday and I have a new store of great books! Have a look!

Political History:

1. Winston Churchill
A book about one of my favorite British Statesmen. :-)

2. John Adams by David McCullough
I have read Mr. McCullough's book "1776" and have watched the show he hosts on PBS "American experience". He has shown himself to be a great writer and great historian and I look forward to reading this biography by a great author about a great president.

3. Henry Clay and the Art of American Politics
This is a book about one of Americas greatest Congressmen, Henry Clay.

Civil War History:

4. The Coastal War

5. Ironclads of the Civil War

Both of these look exciting.

World War II History:

6. The Italian Campaign
I have read this one before but after watching a movie about a brave monk in the Vatican during this time, I wanted to refresh my memory on the details of that theater.

7. Bombers over Japan
This is a really cool book, writing mostly on the topics of the B-29 bomber and its use in WWII. Since I got to look at a B-17 (a smaller cousin of the B-29) this book is especially interesting.

Just for Fun:
8. Ben and Me
A funny book written about Ben Franklin by his advisor and friend, Amos the mouse. :-)

9. Legends of King Arthur
I have not yet read this one, but I am guessing the Round Table might be included somewhere. : )

10. A Treasury of Great Mysteries - Volume 1
A collection of great mysteries.

Until next time!
*The Boy Scout Blogger pulls on a trench coat and slips away into the blogosphere*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoo-ah! Nice books! :)