Thursday, March 30, 2006

Camp and Scholarships

Hello all,

It has alas, been another week since I have blogged. It seems that the older I get the less time I have for some parts of life I have enjoyed in times past. (Reading, for example) However, I do have some good news to share with you.

First of all, I would like to FINALLY tell you guys about what happened at church camp. We spent a lot of time in the Word over the weekend and there where many who where drawing near to the Lord. When the time came of Saturday night for praise and worship, many hearts where softened and crying out to the Lord. There were people on their knees and people repenting of their sins and worshiping the Lord. It was really a blessed time. It was really good to be in the fellowship of Christian brothers and sister who are truly seeking the Lord and desiring to follow Him. I praise the Lord for His goodness.

Second of all, yesterday we got a letter from East Central University. I was at work when it came and had come to my grandma's house to work on her computer when mom called me. The letter said that ECU had examined my ACT scores and is willing to grant me a scholarship for 500 dollars a semester! That with another scholarship will pay for my college education! Blessed be the name of the Lord! I am very humbled and blessed by the Lord's grace and mercy on my life. He is very good.

That's all for now. Talk to you later.
The Blogging Boy Scout,
Travis

2 comments:

Alexander Blair said...

No PHC? *sniff*

Ah well..that's awesome! :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Travis! That's awesome! God bless you! :-)

~Lita